The offer includes the Tutorials which will allow you to learn English with British and American accent.

Saturday 7 February 2015

Posted by Unknown | 02:07 | No comments

Affirmative She had won.
Negative She had not won.
Interrogative Had she won?
Form had + past participle (past participle of regular verbs: verb + ed | Past participle of irregular verbs: forms differ and should be learned by heart.
Uses
  • action taking place before a certain time in the past
  • sometimes interchangeable with past perfect progressive
  • putting emphasis only on the fact (not the duration) 

 Past Perfect Simple


Past perfect tense

Form of the past perfect simple:

Had Past Participle Form

Affirmative Negative Interrogative
I had worked. I had not worked. had I worked?
You had worked. You had not worked. had you worked?
NOTE:
I had not worked = I hadn't worked
I had worked = I'd worked

Use of the past perfect simple:

Use the past perfect tense to show an action that was completed prior to another action that took place in the past.
Examples:
  •  "President Lincoln had attended the theater regularly before his assassination."
  •  "They had had lunch when I arrived."

0 comments: